Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Time to get back to work

Well, I think I've had enough of a break and now it's time I was getting some work done.  We had a great two weeks though.  Our first week was spent away from the house visiting family and camping in a fabulous cabin and the second week was spent entertaining family during some beautiful weather.  I have no complaints.  Especially, since I return with two new amazing books, a couple of custom orders and a project I'm working on that involves other members of Etsy.  I just wish there were more hours in the day.

The project I'm working on involves a team, in Etsy, that shares an interest in celtic knots and art.  One of the team members suggested we each do a piece with the same design in our own mediums.  The knot itself isn't very elaborate so I had a bit of a time trying to decide what I was going to do.  I came up with a turtle design and am currently burning it onto a piece of bamboo.  It's a work in progress right now but I think it's going to look really good when it's finished.

The knot in the centre is the one we're all doing.  It was simper than that, I added the inner line.  I plan to do more knotwork on either side, in the lighter areas, too.
Meanwhile, I have listed another set of celtic cards in my Etsy shop.  These cards have an elk design on them.  I love the antlers!!


And poor B's box has been pushed on the back burner for a bit.  His birthday has passed and I'm afraid to say I'm not very close to finishing it.  He seems to be ok with waiting.  I think he'll be very happy with the result so it will be worth it.  When I get to the burning stage I'll share a picture so you can see what I'm doing.  I'm excited about it since he's into all the super heroes that we knew when we were kids.  It's a fun blast from the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment