Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

What a fun project!

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to participate in my first group project through an Etsy team.  A couple of members of the Celtic Knot team and myself decided to use the same celtic knot using our own mediums. 


At first I had a bit of a mental/creativity block trying to decide what I was going to do.  But after a few days of brainstorming about trees, gardens, animals and more complex knots I came up with the idea of incorporating the knot into a cute little turtle design and burning it onto a bamboo plaque.  The centre of the turtle is the knot we were all to incorporate in our pieces.

Kathryn from PozoDulce intricately hand embroidered the knot in a repeated pattern on a delicate mini purse. 




And Roxanne from Knotscribe created a beautiful hand painted page with part of the poem "Pop goes the weasel".

Here is the treasury where our work has been featured along with some other very, very talented artists.  Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

I had so much fun being challenged this way I can't wait to do it again.  It felt really good knowing I was making something that was a part of something bigger.

To see other items available in my shop click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment