Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Monday, December 12, 2011

PB + J Monday

Don't Frack with our water!!

I receive some disturbing news in my mailbox this morning and had to change this post from what it was originally going to be to share this with you.

Did you know that the contriversal method of "fracking" to extract natural gas contaminates our water so badly that it could eventually make our drinking water flammable? 

Fracking is a method extracting natural gas that is trapped deep inside shale rock formations.  Millions of litres of water, sand, and tens of thousands of litres of toxic chemicals are blasted into the ground at extremely high pressure, creating cracks that allow pockets of natural gas to be released.  This raises serious concerns about the effects this process has on water, climate, wildlife and people's health, and opposition to fracking is rapidly growing.

Please, please, please read this article from The Council of Canadians, to learn more, and then SIGN the petition to stop this from happening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment