Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Foodie Friday


households,kitchen tools,kitchen utensils,measuring spoons,Photographs,utensils
I found it!  I found it!

I have been looking for a cooking substitution list for a looooong time.  Ok, I'll admit, I haven't been looking very hard, but it's something that I think about when I want to bake or cook something and I don't have all the ingredients listed in a recipe.  That's when I realize that it would be really nice to have a food substitution list handy.  And then, I forget all about it until the next time. Sigh.

Well this one was delivered right in to my inbox the other day!  Can't get much better than that!  No need to go searching when someone does the work for you.  I receive emails a couple of times a week with recipes or tips to try and it's so convenient.  I feel like I'm being pampered sometimes.

The recipes, and this particular tip (what to substitute), come from one of my favourite sites for looking up recipes.  When I'm at a loss and can't find what I want in my cook books, I consult www.allrecipes.com.  They have everything!  And what's even better is they have great reviews.  I always read a bunch of the reviews from people who have tested the recipe, before I decide to try it myself.  It lets me know what other people had problems with and what they did to make the recipe just that much better, or if it's a recipe that needs to be avoided all together.  If you haven't already taken advantage of it, it's a fantastic resource that I highly recommend.

And...there's an app for it on the Iphone!  So, I don't have to keep running up the stairs (we keep our computer upstairs) to look up a recipe and waste paper to print it off.  I can just do a search on my phone, try the recipe out and if I like it then I can write it down to keep for the future.  Or, I can save it as a favourite in the app.  Ah, technology, what would we do with out you?

Ok, so here is what they sent me this week:


and I then found:


These are two very handy and useful lists to have around!  And now you don't have to search for them either!

Do you have favourite substitutions that you use regularly?  I'd love to hear what they are!  Please share them in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment