Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Foodie Friday


I am continuing with comfort food recipes and this week I am sharing…..drumroll please…..the magnificent…..

MEATLOAF  

Need I say more? 

Ok, I will, just cuz that’s who I am.  If you know me you know I can talk your ear off if given the chance.

Meatloaf is hands down one of the best comfort foods around.  It is so delicious when it’s fresh and hot right out of the oven but it is also great in a sandwich the next day.  You can’t go wrong with meatloaf.  It’s cheap, easy, contains ingredients that most people already have in their kitchens and generally doesn’t have leftovers that last more than a day or two.

Ok, that’s all.  I think you see my point.  Here’s the recipe so you can go and enjoy your own yummy, comfort food meatloaf tonight...

Meatloaf


1 ½ lbs ground beef
1 can condensed tomato soup, divided
1 pkg stuffing for chicken
1 egg, beaten
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
¼ cup chili sauce

Heat oven to 350F.

Mix meat, ½ can of soup, stuffing, egg, onion and thyme in bowl.  Don’t be afraid to use your hands to mix it up completely.  

Press evenly into 8x4 loaf pan.

Bake 55 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked.

Heat remaining soup and chili in small sauce pan.  Spool over meatloaf just before serving.

We don’t normally have chili sauce in our home so I substitute that with BBQ sauce.  It works great and gives it a nice tang!
6 ingredients in a bowl.



Ready to bake.
Baked and smelling yummy!




On a plate for one of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment