Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Foodie Friday!

What a summer!  It's been super busy here with the kids being home and us zipping off on different camping vacations.  I haven't had much of a chance to up date the blog the last few months.

But here I am to share a very yummy and refreshing pasta salad.  This easy salad is full of flavour and colour. It is perfect for summer BBQs and even to take camping since it lasts longer than green salads and makes quite a lot.

 Please remember I am not a great food photographer.
I think we were out of black olives when I made this salad.
Rainbow Pasta Salad

1 package (16oz) tricolour pasta (I used rotini)
1/4 lb sliced pepperoni or salami sausage 
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
1 can (6oz) black olives, drained and sliced
1 package (8oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
1/2-3/4 bottle Italian style salad dressing (I used Kraft Olive Oil Tuscan Italian)

Boil water and cook pasta.  Drain and rinse the cooked pasta twice in cold water.
In a large (I mean VERY large) bowl combine the ingredients.
Refrigerate at least one hour.

When I make this I know I can make it well in advance and it will just keep getting better and better.  Most of the ingredients can be added in amounts at your discretion.  This is mostly just a guideline and can be altered any way you see fit.


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment