Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Foodie Friday

I am a dessert person.  I love sweet things.  I would eat dessert all day long if it wasn't frowned upon.  

One of my absolute favourite desserts is apple crisp (or crumble.  Is there a difference?).  When it's warm out of the oven and topped with vanilla ice cream it can't be beat.  So this week I'm sharing a very simple recipe for a quick and easy apple crisp. I have another recipe for apple crumble pie that is heaven. I will share that with you sometime too.  But for now you can enjoy this...

Apple Crisp

3 apples 
½ cup flour
½ cup rolled quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg
⅓ cup melted butter
cinnamon

Slice apples and place in baking dish.  

Combine dry ingredients.  Beat egg in and sprinkle on top of apples.  Drizzle melted butter over top then sprinkle cinnamon on.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream.
I used Granny Smith apples.  I cut them pretty thin this time but I think a bit thicker is better.


Dry ingredients.


Egg added.


Butter and cinnamon added and ready for the oven.
I prepared and served this when we had guests so I completely forgot to take the after pictures.  Since it was gobbled up quickly I didn't have a chance to take any pictures after either.  But it's a nice compliment though and shows how delicious the recipe is!

No comments:

Post a Comment